Find spirit availability at area ABC stores by conducting a product search on the Meklenburg County ABC store website.
Click the link below to get started:
We love sourcing and using seasonal local ingredients for our cocktails and supporting North Carolina Distillers as much as possible.
MULLED WINE (GLUEWEIN)
1 (750 ml) bottle of dry red wine
1 orange, sliced into rounds
1/4 cup brandy (optional)
1/4 cup honey or sugar
8 whole cloves
2 cinnamon sticks
2 star anise
Combine all ingredients in a non-aluminum saucepan, and bring to a simmer (not a boil — you don’t want to boil the alcohol out!) over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, and let the wine simmer for at least 15 minutes or up to 3 hours. Strain, and serve warm with your desired garnishes
BIG TOWN SOUR
2oz Doc Porter’s Rye Whiskey
1oz Fresh Lemon Juice
.75oz Fresh Pineapple Juice
2 dashes Angostora Bitters
Double shake, strain over ice, finish with a red wine float,.
1.75oz Muddy River Distillery Spice Rum .5oz Fresh Lemon Juice
.75oz Simple Syrup
3 All Spice Berries
3 Ginger Slices
Martelli’s Sparkiling Cider
Muddle simple syrup, lemon, all spice berries and ginger in the tin. Add ice and rum. Shake and double strain into coupe glass. Finish with sparkling cider, dash of nutmeg and a lemon twist
2oz. Ginger Syrup
1oz. Blueberry Puree
1oz. Lime Juice
Schweppes Club Soda
Pour all ingredients in tin, dry shake.
Add ice shake again and then strain in glass over ice and top with club soda.
Bonus Recipe: Ginger Syrup
2 cups unpeeled, washed, fresh ginger, roughly chopped
2 cups sugar
5 cups water
Process the ginger chunks in a food processor or blender until finely chopped. Place in a large pot. Add the sugar and water and stir. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer over medium-low heat and cook for 1 hour until a rich syrup is created. Strain the syrup twice through cheesecloth or a sieve into a large bottle. Refrigerate.
Scratch-made bloody mary
4oz. Clamato Juice or Fresh Tomato Juice (Recipe below)
.5oz Fresh Lemon Juice or quarter piece of lemon
3 - 4 slices Jalapeno
2 tsp Horseradish
2 - 3 tsp Worcestershire
Fresh Ground Black Pepper
1. Rub the rim your drinking glass with lemon slice and dip in your salt mixture.
2. Squeeze juice from lemon into mixing tin and then drop lemon piece in the tin
3. Add Jalapeno slices to bottom of tin and muddle along with the lemon if you wish to add heat to your drink (skip this step if not using jalapeno)
4. Add vodka, Clamato Juice, Horseradish, Worcestershire, Pepper, Salt and Tabasco to taste.
3. Shake and strain over ice into drinking glass
To make Bloody Mary Mix: (Yields 2 servings)
1 1/4 cups fresh tomato juice (from about 2 lbs of tomatoes)
1/4 cup clam juice (can be found in your local grocery store)
Put combined juices in a pitcher and stir.
(Using a juicer is necessary to extract fresh tomato juice.)
2oz. El Jimador Blanco Tequila
1oz. Fresh Lime Juice
1oz. Simple Syrup
.75oz Triple Sec (or Grand Marnier)
3 - 4 Slices of cucumber for muddling
3-4 Slices of Jalapeno (optional)
1 length-wise slice of cucumber for garnishing
1. Add the 3 - 4 cucumber slices and jalapeno to your tin and muddle.
2. Add tequila, lime juice, simple syrup and triple sec, dry shake for 15 seconds
3. Before adding ice to your tin garnish your drinking glass by putting cucumber slice in glass and slowly adding ice as your wrap cucumber around the inside of glass
4. Add ice to your tin, shake until chilled.
5. Strain and pour