Ahh the Margarita.... The refreshing Tequila and citrus based cocktail adored by so many a day has been created to celebrate it's universal greatness.
It's origins are muddy but it is believed to have been created sometime during the late 1930's to early 1940's somewhere in between Tijuana and Ensenada Mexico and popularized in San Diego and/or Houston soon after and it may or may not be named after a woman named Margarita.
In honor of National Margarita Day we've compiled a list of places where you can enjoy the best margaritas in Charlotte. Our list is based on use of fresh ingredients such as juices, originality and recommendations from our foodie blogger friends.
1) 1900 Mexican Grill: They are constantly creating new margarita recipes with interesting flavor combinations using only the freshest of ingredients. They also boast an impressive selection of over 50 hand selected tequila's and mezcals.
2) RuRu's Tacos and Tequila: Over the summer on the Cheers to the Queen City Cocktail Tour we were won over by their spicy jalapeño margarita called the "You Talkin to Me." They've perfected it over the year and it is a nicely balanced margarita with fresh citrus, jalapeño infused tequila and agave with just enough heat so you know it's real. Celebrate at Ruru's with $3 Margaritas today.
3) Three Amigos Mexican Grill: Consistently voted as one of the best places to go for margaritas in Charlotte. They serve traditional margaritas and traditional Mexican food and it's always fresh, fresh, fresh!
4) Azteca Mexican Restaurant: Because it is an all around solid Tex Mex restaurant with solid margaritas and the guacamole is on POINT!
5) Bakersfield Tacos.Tequila.Whiskey: For the Premium Margarita with the Grand Marnier float. We love it because they definitely don't skimp on the amount alcohol in this cocktail. You can celebrate with margaritas and FREE APPS by attending The Margarita Confessionals Event today at 5:30. Please be sure to RSVP by clicking on the link, they will have an area reserved for the event.
And remember if you've consumed too many of these delicious margaritas today you can use our #QCCHEERS Uber code to receive $20 off your first Uber ride.